UPDATE JAN 20, 2017:
We have closed applications for the LaunchCapital Investment Analyst position and have begun reviewing applications. We received many qualified applicants and would like to thank you for the time each of you invested in learning about LaunchCapital.
LaunchCapital (“LC”) is hiring an investment analyst to join our team in our New Haven office. The analyst role is a 2-year position and is ideal for someone looking to enter the world of early stage venture capital. Candidates should be equally passionate about entrepreneurial start-ups as well as early stage investing. We are open to candidates from diverse backgrounds but prefer at a minimum a college degree plus some form of front line entrepreneurial experience or completion of a formal analyst program at an ibank or consulting firm.
- The primary role of an analyst is to support the activities of the organization.
- More specifically, the job will include any and all of the following:
- Conduct market research and due diligence for potential investments, which may entail financial modeling, product testing and industry analysis;
- Develop relationships with LC portfolio companies, founders of future portfolio companies, service providers, and anyone & everyone in the early stage start-up world;
- Meet with entrepreneurs who have started businesses in which LC may be interested in investing;
- Work to support LC portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuations, and financial modelling;
- Design and execute projects of your own direction that help LaunchCapital and/or our portfolio companies; and
- Help plan and execute LC community events.
- A passion for technology and entrepreneurship;
- An understanding of the ecosystem of early stage investing;
- Strong internal drive and the ability to self-direct;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills – as an external representative of LC it essential that you represent our organization in the most positive manner;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High proficiency in financial modeling & understanding of key financial concepts;
- Excitement to work in a small, relatively unstructured office environment;
- 1–3 years of work experience in operations at a start-up company, management consulting, investment banking or private equity; and
- An undergraduate and / or graduate degree.
Our application process:
Our application process is a 2-step process designed to give us a better understanding of you as an individual as well as your resourcefulness.
First, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains your resume, social links (LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, personal blogs etc.), and anything else that you think will help us to get to know you better; and in 200 words or less, tell us the company that you most admire and why;
Second, please record two short videos (up to 2 minutes) that answer the following questions:
Why do you want to get involved in early stage venture capital?
How have your experiences to date prepared you to be a success in this role?
We are planning to have this position start during the early part of 2017. We’ll be accepting applications thru January 31st, 2017 but may extend extend an offer prior to that date so please apply as soon as possible.
LaunchCapital is an early stage Venture Capital Fund with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Boston and New Haven. LaunchCapital is part of the Vlock/Pritzker Family Office.
- We enable great people to accomplish great things
- We are industry agnostic
- We encourage an unwavering commitment to milestones
- We appreciate capital efficient companies
- We look for innovative thinkers and creative solutions
- We focus on developing entrepreneurs as well as businesses
- We believe that the entrepreneur is at the center of everything