Recently an entrepeneur asked me about holding board meetings, and what kinds of things are discussed at them. I sent him these most excellent posts:
Here are some favorites from Brad Feld’s blog:
I also had this outline of a typical board meeting. Here are some of the usual topics discussed:
- Administrative and Legal (Chairman & Atty)
- Status of Prior Minutes.
- Status of Prior Consents.
- Financials – Review & Update (CFO/CEO)
- Operations Update (CEO)
- Sales Update (CEO)
- Marketing Update (CEO)
- Staffing Update (CEO)
- [Status of any Company Disputes] (CEO, VP, Atty)
- Compensation Considerations (CEO, CFO)
- Strategic/Business Alliance and General Business Update (CEO)
- Board and Committee Calendar Review.
- Annual Shareholders Meeting.
- Other Business (All)